Friday, March 29, 2013

Better Late Than Never, I Guess ...

Hello Blog Friends ~

Just like everyone else, life tends to get in the way despite our best intentions.  I can't believe it's been 2 years since I've posted here!  So much has changed over these last two years, too.  But, who hasn't experienced loads of changes over two years in this day and age ... Unless you live under a rock.

I believe the biggest change for me has been letting the hosting of the 'Mid South Scrappers' crops and weekends go.  Now, I'm "Terry Dunlap, cropper" and it's nice.  I remember the first event I went to after becoming 'just a cropper' and felt the anxiety of jumping right in and taking care of things but that little voice in my head quietly reminded me otherwise.  Wow!  What freedom!  All I need to know is where my seat is ... lol.

After hosting those events for almost 10 years, I still find myself passing places and thinking, "I bet that'd be a great place for a crop!" only to snap myself back to the reality of "No, you don't do that anymore".  I haven't been to many events over the last two years, mainly due to the 'roller coaster ride from Hell' (that's what I call our futile attempt at relocating to Mountain Home, AR) but that's beginning to change.  Kathy and I have been looking at some events around the mid-south to attend and we've gotten a few invites as well.  It's really nice that my croppin' friends haven't forgotten about me after all.

As my Blog name indicates, I do have a lot of hobbies.  I recently revisited one of them ... Crocheting.  Someone turned me on to Mikey on You Tube and off I went!  I realized that I hadn't crocheted in 15 - 20 years!  My first project was a blanket for my granddaughter, Caydence.

Here's some pictures of her blanket.  It did 'grow' from my first thoughts as I decided it needed a border around it and she said she wanted a bow on it, hence the ribbon woven in the border.

She loves her blankie!

Until the next post ... Have a great day!

Terry
This is called the 'Boxed Block Stitch'.
This is laid out on her Full-Size bed, so you can see how big it is.
She picked the ribbon from my scrappin' stash and it matched perfectly.







No comments:

Post a Comment