Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Turned 50!

I turned 50 on January 5th and Larry and Kathy took Glynn and I out to dinner.  It was a quiet occasion and we had a wonderful time.  However, this past weekend several of my croppin' buds and I got together for a little weekend of scrappin' down at Kirkwood.  Everything seemed 'normal' until I got up from a little afternoon nap.  My wonderful friends had been planning and conspiring as they thought I really needed to be showered and spoiled with an AWESOME surprise party.  They really outdid themselves!

Kathy made the cake.


This sign was on the fridge.  It says, "I'm not 50! I'm 18 with 32 years of experience! (Sorry for the reflection of the flash ...)
 This sign was on the back of the front door!  All seven of them had written their birthday blessings and wishes for me!  Scrappin' supplies have soooo many uses!
There were black '50' balloons hanging from the ceiling fan, light that goes over the dining table, the fridge, on the table with the cake and a couple other places.  The black crepe streamers were everywhere! Even across mine and Kathy's room door so I'd have to hesitate to come out.
Balloons from the dining table lights ... More scrappin supplies here!  Ribbon!  Yes, I'll be saving that for just the right project, not just the scrapbook pages for this awesome birthday surprise!
 I had a R.I.P. cake with grass along the bottom 'pushing up daisies' as a reminder that I'm on the 'down hill side' of life ... LOL
 Faith made this bucket of 50 suckers!  The little banner says '50 Sucks'.  I'm choosing to believe that this will be a wonderful year!  (I'll let ya know in December ...)


50 plates, napkins, mints and balloons!  Not to mention the black table cloth!
The theme, of course, was 50!  I had 50 little presents to open!  All of which were specifically for those of us 50 and up!  I got this handy walker, minus the tennis balls, the walking cane with legs and the traditional bamboo cane!  I also got some Depends, Sleep Aid, denture cream and case, 350 magnifying eye glasses, blood red lipstick and teal eyeshadow that will go great with my blue hair and a bunch of other needful things!

I did get some 'real' gifts too! ... My Red Hat Society Hat!  An 8x8 album for me to make of our new little Daisy.  A 'Tush Cush' for my scrappin chair and a bottle of Gentleman Jack, my new favorite!
Fab made this banner for me!  It says, "O - M - G - U - R - 5 - 0!  Each flag has other tidbits of information like my birthday, characteristics (just the positive ones) and lots of other embellishments.

I can't thank you girls enough for taking so much time in making my 50th birthday a memory to cherish forever!

Thanks to Kathy Johnson, my wonderful SIL, Fab Dorsett, Linda Morris, Brenda Boyette, Faith Anderson, Robin Buchanan and Rita Young for ALL your hard work, scheming and planning!

I can't wait until we all crop together again!

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment